Family Pathways is dedicated to working with communities to develop supportive, caring relationships to help people meet their basic needs through the provision of Hunger Relief Services, the Refuge Network (Domestic Abuse Program), Aging Services, Youth Services and Thrift Stores.
Homemaker Services Specialist – Pine, Kanabec
Half-time (20 hours/week)
In collaboration with Family Pathways’ Aging Services Team and under the supervision of the Aging Services Manager, the Homemaker Services Specialist will perform light housekeeping and homemaking services for seniors in need of such assistance and who are receiving other services through Family Pathway Aging Services. Key responsibilities include:
· Light housekeeping, dusting, sweeping/light vacuuming (not heavy duty vacuuming that requires moving large furniture or major cleaning such as window washing, etc.)
· Periodic assistance with home management and/or activities of daily living such as menu planning, meal preparation and cleanup; simple household repairs; assistance with laundry (non-heavy items); opening/sorting mail; balancing a checkbook; making a grocery list/occasional help with getting groceries and putting them away, etc.
· Monitoring the person’s well-being in the home, including home safety, alerting others as needed
· Maintain documentation and data as needed
Successful candidates will have:
· Proven successful experience in homemaking, housecleaning, light meal preparation, etc.
· Experience with and passion for working with senior adults and/or other vulnerable populations
· Experience working in the homes of others; ability to respect that others may have different ways of living, different standards for keeping house, etc.
· Ability to adhere to schedules and respond with flexibility to changes
· Oral and written fluency in American English; ability to complete necessary documentation of activities, timesheets, etc.; ability to do simple math for tasks such as helping clients balance a checkbook
· A strong sense of respect for aging populations
· A visibly apparent personal commitment to maintaining hygiene, cleanliness, etc.
· Clear professional boundaries and ability to adhere to agency ethics and standards for performance
· Demonstrated job stability, dependability, and ability to accept and follow directions/supervision
· Minimum of high school diploma or GED
· Ability to pass a background check
· Reliable transportation and ability to drive on rural roads
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, to reach over head, to stoop and bend over and other physical attributes generally needed to perform light housekeeping duties.
HOW TO APPLY
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.