FAMILY PATHWAYS’ DONOR BILL OF RIGHTS
Family Pathways values the support of our donors and respects the discretion and complexity of decisions regarding charitable giving. Our commitment is to provide donors with the options that best meet their charitable giving needs and abilities, as well as advance the work of Family Pathways to help people meet their basic needs by providing a safety-net of essential services. In accordance with the standards established by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Family Pathways adheres strictly to the following Donor Bill of Rights, which states that a donor has the right:
1.) To be informed of Family Pathways’ mission, of the way that Family Pathways intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2.) To be informed of the identity of those serving on the Family Pathways’ Board of Directors, and to expect the Board to exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
3.) To have access to Family Pathways’ most recent financial statements.
4.) To be assured their gifts for the general purposes for which they were given.
5.) To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
6.) To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and, if requested, with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
7.) To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from Family Pathways’ mailing lists.
8.) To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information:
· When you request information via one of our email addresses on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email with a question, we may collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
· We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
· We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mail.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by Family Pathways. From time to time, we may collect personal information in ways not described above.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
· We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information that we have collected.
· We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
· We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
· We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
· If you use a credit or debit card on the website we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
· All access to donor financial information is strictly limited to those within the organization who need to process that information.
You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at: Development Office, Central Office, 6413 Oak Street, North Branch, MN 55056